confessionsofaV has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://confessionsofav.com
and update your bookmarks. xoxo V

Share |

Monday, July 26, 2010

The Limbo Ordeal

Codename: Aquarius
Location: His Place/Rustic Canyon
Website: Jdate.com

The problem is… when you quit sex in an FWB situation… what do you become? Just friends?

I finally felt like I was in control. And it felt good. I had to take a day off from work to take care of this non-profit that I was helping on the side and realized that at the end of the day, I would have nothing to do and was close to Santa Monica.  So I called Aquarius to ask if he was doing anything later so we could hang out.

Since I was going to be done early, I did an excessive thing and went to Burke Williams in Santa Monica to get a facial with Bianca- who is AWESOME. I had a crappy cell phone signal, but I figured, I was on my time anyway, Aquarius could just wait.



Aquarius, as always, wanted to do dinner and at some place good, so upon recommendation, we went to Rustic Canyon on Wilshire. Little did I know, upon walking into the restaurant, and on my day off no less, that I would see one of the BIG BOSSES from work having a business meeting. Of course, it is never like the BIG BOSS is ever super friendly because of the nature of the business, so my polite nod was completely ignored and I was totally freaked out that I was sitting mere tables away, wearing a halter top and a mini-skirt!

                                          
                                                       
Aquarius did not get it. He thought I was a freak. But the food was AMAZING. The risotto was complete yum. And at the end of the meal, we went halfsies but at this point, I was well adjusted that this was a friend situation not a date one, even though it felt like one.

At the end of the night, he made me watch Woody Allen’s Deconstructing Henry and while I appreciate Woody Allen’s talent, especially with Vicky Christina Barcelona,  while Aquarius raved about it, I sat there trying to figure out why we were watching a movie with the lights out and how in the heck we were not making out.

                                                      This is not a date movie.


The truth was, the power was rolling back into Aquarius land and I was along for the ride. Because NOW  I wanted it but it was ME who closed the door.

But as I was falling asleep and then realized that I should get going, he walked me to the door and I was seriously confused as the evening was more date-like and yet there was nothing physical about it. I supposed I felt good that he was now working for us to become friends. Or rather, preying on the fact that I called off the sex and he sensed I wanted to be physical and now he was the one who could make the call.

F**k.

No comments:

Post a Comment