confessionsofaV has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://confessionsofav.com
and update your bookmarks. xoxo V

Share |

Monday, April 26, 2010

The Lawyer, the Aquarian and the Anorexic Factor


Codename: The Lawyer
Location: Yankee Doodles
Website: JDate.com

As if I had not learned my lesson, I went right back into the world of JDate.com with the same wired focus that I would never recommend anyone have when searching online. It makes dating a job and the second that happens you begin to put pressure on yourself and the situation and that usually yields sh*tty results. You begin to attempt to control a situation that you cannot and should not try to control. I was supposed to be looking for a person not a piece of real estate!



Although at times the experience was quite similar.

Similarity #1 The Search

Much like searching for a piece of property online, you have certain qualities that you’re looking for but instead of a 3-bedroom house, a fixer upper, a town home or a condo, you might be looking for what school did he go to, brunette or blond, how much money does he make, is he metro or a jock?

Yet unlike real estate, when you’re a female, what you’re looking for (or not looking for) sometimes finds you.

And such was the case with The Lawyer. He had gone to NYU, much like myself, but for law school and found himself back in Los Angeles working in the corporate world. I thought he was cute,  he seemed like a nice guy and lived in Santa Monica, which of course, I seemed to just gravitate to. Could it be because I liked the beach or because I missed Aquarius…. hmmmm?

Similarity #2 The Browse

Since there was a property that I might be interested in… um I mean a guy, I was proud of myself because I was getting back out there and not waiting for Aquarius… the guy I really wanted and couldn’t and shouldn’t have.

The Lawyer suggested we go to Yankee Doodles and watch the game (um really? But I went with it). So I met Mr. Lawyer and was as casual as could be. He was indeed cute in real life, very nice but every time he asked me a question horns went off and the drunken crowds cheered as the Lakers scored another point. Needless to say, that this place was not ideal for a first online date. Poor judgement and bad taste was not helping his profile in this situation, but we shared a beer and I tried to make the best of it anyway and it seemed like he thought I
was cute. When the bill came, he offered to pay, I offered as well but he wouldn’t let me.

He suggested we go for a walk but I really wanted to leave. He seemed nice, but other then the Lakers and Yankee Doodles and lawyering, what was he really all about? So he offered to walk me to the parking garage and I left him with a hug.

Similarity #3 Trading Up

I was in Santa Monica. I was disappointed with what I had seen and wanted to go after a better prospect. I finally broke and texted Aquarius and told him I was nearby. He called me back. 
“Hey, I’m by the Promenade.”

“What are you doing there?”

“I was just… meeting someone.”

“On a date?”

“Um… yeah.”

“Where’d you guys go?”

“Yankee Doodles. And we couldn’t even talk, it was so loud!”

“Come on dude, really? Yankee Doodles?”

“I KNOW! Exactly.”

“So do you still want to meet up for the writing stuff?”

“Um sure, when?”

“Now.”

“Where do you want to meet up?”

“You could come to my place.”

“Um, okay.”

Jesus… F**king… Christ. Really? Really V?!

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment